Vortex Airsoft Gun Sight Review
Vortex First Impressions
"This is with hard use to."
Also has a push botton at the side, need to push it from the up position to go down. I mounted it on my AR-9 with the included riser. -Glass is clear and sturdy and comes with a nice rubber cover. They also didn't require me to send the not so great sight back to them. I was so impressed that I ordered one of their Reflex sights. I purchased this red dot about 2 weeks ago. They snap up, and the locking detent pops out and locks them upright.
Editor's Impressions Of The Vortex
- Build Quality
- Value For Money
- Feature Set
Vortex Final Thoughts
"A win across the board."
Excellent sight minus the plastic ball detent. Also the brightness for the higher levels are more than enough on a bright sunny day. I mounted it on my AR-9 with the included riser. For the price, they are a great deal. The apertures are almost invisible, kind of ghostly in your sight picture. If the replacement has the same issue of any degree, I'll further reduce the rating. The reviews on You Tube for the Reflex sight are all good so i expect no problems.
- Vortex Features & Specs
- The updated Crossfire red dot is a no-nonsense sight for near any application when you need a simple point of aim. Pair with a VMX-3T to add 3x magnification by the push of a button, engaging the flip mount allowing the magnifier to lock in.
- The 2 MOA dot is quick to acquire in close-quarters, while remaining fine enough to promote pin-point accuracy at extended range. The VMX-3T does not require any special sight-in.
- With up to a 50,000 hour battery life and night-vision compatibility at the lowest two settings, the sight will keep working in a variety of conditions. 11 illumination settings allows shooters to change the dot intensity to the situation at hand.
- Allows for lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness mounting heights and is ideal for shooters who want to increase the effective range of their red dot sight.
- The lenses on both optics are fully multi-coated maximizing resolution, light gathering capability, and color fidelity. O-ring seals on both optics prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating providing reliable water and fogproof performance.
- Attach the unit to the rail/base with the illumination dial positioned on the right side.
- Make sure the mount is solidly seated in the base groove. In order to prevent recoil injury, position the Red Dot so you have at least four inches of eye relief.
- Be sure the base clamp is hooked around the outside of the rail/base.